How do I request review at the Appeals Council level?

If your claim is denied by the ALJ, then you can request a review by the Appeals Council. A group of three ALJs will review your claim and determine if the judge failed to follow the Administration’s regulations or otherwise prejudiced your claim. You can request an Appeals Council review by filing the appropriate form (HA-520) with any Social Security Office no later than 60 days after the unfavorable decision.

I strongly recommend that you hire an attorney, if you do not have one to assist with any appeals council review.

Attorney David Dupee is located in Atlanta, but represents clients throughout the United States. If you have questions or need help, Atlanta Social Security Disability attorney David Dupee is available for a FREE initial consultation and we travel to you. Home and hospital visits are available.

Contact Atlanta Social Security Disability attorney David Dupee at (404) 292-5225 or contact him here.